Thursday, September 28, 2017

One Month In

Hello!

This weekend it will have been a month since I left for Austria!  I feel like the past week or so has gone by pretty quick.  Even though I am still figuring some things out, I am definitely a lot more settled than I was at the very beginning.  
This past week has been quite fun and full of travels!  I went to Vienna twice and to Krems once with my host family.  We have also gone on a couple walks and a bike ride!  





The weather has been so nice lately, not to hot and not to cold. Tulln has a very nice walking/biking path that we went on.  There is also a little stream that runs along side the path.  It all looked and sounded beautiful.































The weather was also super nice in Vienna.  I can't explain just how beautiful Vienna is!  All the buildings, churches and cathedrals are just breathtaking!



St. Stephen's Cathedral



St. Stephen's Cathedral



Votive Church or Votivkirche


I think I have managed to figure out the bus, subway, and tram systems.  It works about the same as it did in Washington D.C. and NYC.  Sometimes its fun just to hop on a bus or tram and see the sights it takes you by.

Also, I managed to get myself a dirndl 
(a traditional Austrian dress)!  

Me in my adorable new dirndl (:
  


I'm thinking of taking it to wear at the STS Austria orientation meeting that I have this weekend! :D

For the next few days, I am running the STS Snapchat account, so I get to share about my experience with a ton of people!!  It is a little intimidating but fun and I've been able to chat with other exchange students as well! 


Thats all for now!  I hope you enjoyed this update!

Thanks for reading!








No comments:

Post a Comment