Wednesday, October 25, 2017

Enjoying Fall

Hello!

I hope October has treated you well thus far!

It's just starting to feel like fall here.  The leaves are turning and the weather is getting cooler and staying cold all day (as opposed to cold mornings with warm afternoons).

This past week has been pretty calm.  Though, we did do some fun stuff this weekend.

Saturday afternoon, one of my host brother's friends came over and stayed until the next day.  Later on, we went for a walk along a path that goes through our village.  The weather was a little chilly but still very nice.
























Though Halloween isn't really celebrated out here that much, my host mother got us all some pumpkins to carve for Halloween!





















I also had a Kinder Surprise egg for the first time!  If you don't know what they are, they are a hollow chocolate egg that holds a capsule with a little toy in it. Apparently, they are illegal in the US, so I can't bring any back with me :(


I got a cute little animal print stamp in mine.


There are a few school holidays in the next week, and though it varies from school to school, my school chose to just take a whole week and a half off instead of having a few days on then a few days off.  So today was my last day for the next week and a half!


I have gotten a lot more comfortable with and better at speaking what German I know.  My classmates have started speaking more and more German with me by asking me simple questions or giving me simple answers in German.  Though, German grammar can be a headache...

That is all I have for this week!

I'm definitely looking forward to not having school for the next week and a half.  (:

Thanks for reading!








No comments:

Post a Comment